Thursday, August 12, 2010

IVF

On July 21, we started injections for IVF.  Slowly the follicles have grown inside me and yesterday they were removed. It was a painful process that was done at the Fertility Center in Grand Rapids. I did not think that it would hurt as much as it did, but we made it through! I even fell asleep for a minute, must have been all the valium and pain killers, but the buzzers woke me up, who knew falling asleep was not a good idea.

The office called today to let us know that they were able to pull 9 mature eggs from inside my two ovaries. The fertilized them all and they all took! What a miracle. It is amazing how great technology can be! I will continue to give myself shots of progesterone in the rear, which hurt, but I will do anything to help support a pregnancy! Tomorrow, Tony and I will go in for them to put a couple of the fertilized eggs back in me. The rest will be frozen for future use :)! It will be two long weeks before we find out if we are pregnant.  We are praying that it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment